French Du Puy Lentils
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Small Yellow Onion
Garden Fresh Thyme
Canned Red Tomato Paste with no salt
How to cook
- Prepare vegetables; dice mushrooms, carrots, celery and onions. Mince garlic and tomatoes, and chiffonade (aka finely slice) basil.
- Tip! Use a food processor to speed up chopping process (leave the basil and tomatoes out and slice by hand).
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil to pan and sauté onions, garlic, celery, carrots and mushrooms, with a pinch of salt, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add sun dried tomatoes, tomato paste, thyme and red wine scraping the bottom of the pan, and let wine reduce by half.
Create Sauce (continued)
- Add rinsed lentils and vegetable stock, and let simmer, uncovered on low, for 25 minutes, or until lentils are tender. Add more liquid during cooking if sauce seems dry.
- Turn off heat. Add basil and season with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Pick out the thyme springs and discard before serving.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add salt.
- Cook pappardelle until al dente, firm to bite but not soft.
Serve & Enjoy!
- Plate pasta and enjoy with sauce and a drizzle of olive oil if desired!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Chicken Karaage with Rice
Assorted Grilled Yakitori (Japanese Skewers)
Butter & Egg Fried Rice with Chicken Fillet
Chicken Bolognese Spaghetti
Classic Australian Beef Bolognese
Baked Pesto Chicken with Quinoa Veg
Cheesy Ketchup Fried Rice with Cutlet
Simply Cook Vegetable Kit – Mixed Vegetable Curry
Pizza with Fresh Vegetables
Mullet Fillet Mala
Fuzhou Fishball Soup
Sambal Belacan with Mixed Vegetables
Fruit & Vegetable Popsicles
Vegetable Egg Drop Soup
Oven Roasted Curry Chicken with Vegetables
Steamed Egg with Pork and Salted Vegetables
Healthy Chicken & Veggie Kabob
Kimchi Soup with Canned Tuna