Traditional Baked Lotus Mooncake with Salted Egg Yolk
mix 2 teaspoons of baking soda with 1 cup of water and boil
Salted Egg Yolk
How to cook
Prepare the dough
- Combine golden syrup, lye water, vegetable oil and flour in a bowl and mix well.
- Refrigerate in cling wrap for 30 minutes.
Prepare the filling
- Wrap the salted egg yolk with lotus paste and roll it into a ball.
Prepare the mooncake
- Wrap the filling with the dough.
- Roll the mooncake with your palms to form a ball and place into mooncake mould.
Prepare the egg wash
- Combine egg and water to make an egg wash.
- Bake at 175°C for 5-6 minutes or until the surface starts to firm up.
- Remove the mooncake from the oven and brush the surface of the mooncake with the egg wash.
- Return the mooncake to bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the mooncakes from the oven to cool at room temperature then serve.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Chui kao shao cookies
Orange Passover Cake3.0 (2)
Alce Nero Strawberry Roll Cake
Salted Egg Yolk Cookies
No Bake Peanut Butter & Rolled Oats Energy Balls
Viennese Kaya Whirls
Ginger Crunchy Cookies
Organic Banana Oatmeal Cereal Loaf
Keto Friendly Coconut Hojicha Muffin
Giant Oatmeal Cookies
butter marble cake5.0 (1)
Golden Pillow Cheese Pineapple Tarts
Red Velvet Chocolate Chip & Macadamia Cookies
Honey Walnut Cake5.0 (1)
Classic Bunny SCS Buttery Pineapple Tarts
Cheese Baked Abalone
Baked Tiger Curry Puff with Kelly Luncheon Ham (Picante Pork)