Thai Mango Sticky Rice
fresh honey mango
skinned & sliced
|1 1⁄4 cups|
How to cook
- Rinse rice under cold water till it becomes clear.
- Add rice & water into the rice cooker & let it stand for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, cook your rice & water in the rice cooker.
- Once cooked, leave the rice to sit for 5 minutes.
- Start preparing the sauce.
- Boil coconut milk, sugar, and salt together.
- Bring it to a simmer by lowering the heat until the sauce has thickened & sugar dissolved.
- While waiting, fluff the rice with a rice paddle.
- Once the sauce has been cooked, pour in ¾ of it into the rice.
- Mix it together for 10 minutes to allow the rice to absorb the coconut sauce.
- Assemble the rice with sliced mango & spoon the remaining sauce over.
- Serve it while hot.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Baked Sesame Pumpkin Ball
Coconut & Pomelo Mochi Pudding
Bubur Cha Cha (Inspired by the Dragon Playground)
Durian Sticky Rice
Rose-Flavoured Glutinous Rice Balls
Glutinous Rice Balls ‘Tang Yuan’ with Black Sesame Paste
Sweet Glutinous Rice Balls
Sweet Potato Ondeh Ondeh4.8 (5)
Thai Green Papaya Salad (Som Tum)
Purple Sweet Potato Onde-Onde Energy Balls
Pulut Tai Tai
Mango Sago with Pomelo3.0 (2)
Ondeh Ondeh Gula Melaka
Durian Min Jiang Kueh
Strawberry Mochi5.0 (1)
Crepes With Caramelised Apples
Air-Fried Tang Yuan
Muah Chee4.5 (2)
Mango Coconut Ice Cream Cake5.0 (1)