Sweet Potato Abacus Seed Aglio Olio
300g each, for orange and purple variants
Red Chilli Flakes
Grated Parmigiano Cheese
Crushed Cashew Nuts
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
How to cook
Prepare sweet potato
- Boiled cubed sweet potatoes separately.
- Mash sweet potatoes with a fork.
- Add 150g tapioca flour each, to both purple and orange mashed sweet potatoes.
- Mix in just enough boiling water till the dough comes together.
- Knead dough until smooth and divide into smaller portions.
- Roll dough into a long strip and cut each portion into ½-inch pieces.
- Shape each piece into a ball and make a dent in the middle.
- Repeat until all the dough is used up.
- Place abacus seeds in boiling water until floating to the top.
- Place abacus seeds in cold water.
- Drain water and add a little olive oil if necessary.
- Combine shallot and olive oil in a cold skillet over medium heat.
- Add in garlic slices once the shallots become fragrant and slightly caramelized.
- Cook and stir until garlic is golden-brown, for about another 5 minutes.
- Add in minced coriander stalks and dried shrimp. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add in the abacus seeds, fish sauce, chilli flakes and grated cheese.
- Heat through until well combined.
- Serve immediately topped with crushed cashew nuts.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Chicken Karaage Bento (Inspired by the Singa Lion)
Baked Pesto Chicken with Quinoa Veg
Braised Golden Bridge waxed meat ee mian
Spicy Salmon Bibimbap
Xi’an Spiced Chicken with Fragrant Rice
Pulled Beef Rendang with Local Veggies Slaw
Sweet & Sour Christmas Bells
Sweet and Sour Prawns with Assorted Fruits
The Better Fish® One Pan Barramundi Dinner
Spicy Soba Noodles5.0 (1)
Black Chickpea Salad
Egg and Potato Casserole
Miso Ginger Glazed Seared Australian Beef Ribeye
Baby Tiger Omurice Bento
Hokto Mushroom & Beef Bibimbap
Rice Cooker “Claypot” Rice
Quick Seabass Miso Ochazuke