Steak with a Peppery Mushroom sauce
Fresh Flat-leaf Parsley
a few sprigs
How to cook
- Wipe clean and roughly slice all the mushrooms, then peel and finely slice the garlic.
- Heat a splash of oil in a large frying pan on high heat, add the mushrooms and fry for 3 minutes, or until golden.
- Add the garlic, crushed peppercorns and a pinch of sea salt, then cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour over the brandy (if using), and fry for 1 minute, or until the liquid has cooked away, then turn the pan off and set aside.
- Place a clean frying pan on high heat to get screaming hot.
- Drizzle the steaks with a little oil, and season well with salt and black pepper, then rub all over.
- Place the steaks into the hot pan and cook to your liking: 1-2 minutes on each side for medium rare, 2-3 minutes for medium and 4 minutes for well done.
- Meanwhile, pick and roughly chop the parsley.
- Once cooked, remove the steaks to a warm plate to rest.
- Turn the pan down to low, add the creme fraiche, a splash of water and the parsley and mushrooms.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring well to mix through all the lovely meat juices.
- Serve the steak drizzled with peppery mushroom sauce and the sides of your choice.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Slow Cooked Australian Beef Brisket with BBQ Sauce
Stir-fry Scallop Sauce Prawn with Broccoli
Braised Australian Beef Shin Shank with Mushroom & Onion
Steamed Garlic Butter Prawns with Vermicelli
Black Pepper Mutton
Braised abalone with scallops, mushrooms and broccoli
Creamy Mushroom Soup
Pan Seared Australian Beef Denver Steak with Diane Sauce
Crispy Chicken with Auspicious Mandarin Orange & Ginger Scallion Sauce
Steak with Garlic Butter
Beef Steak With Reduced Balsamic Sauce
Vegan Luncheon & Mushroom Canapés
Prawn Paste Mushrooms & Shabu Rolls5.0 (1)
Braised Chinese Mushrooms abalone chestnut fish maw in Oyster sauce
Pan Seared Australian Beef Denver Steak with Tomato Herb Cream Sauce
Golden Pearls In A Nest
Treasure Sea Cucumber with Vegetables in Plum Sauce
Baked Beans Scramble Eggs with Fresh Mushrooms
Salmon Fillet “Comme A La Maison”