Spicy Salmon Bibimbap
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
|Spicy Salmon Marinade|
Light Soya Sauce
|1 1⁄2 tbsp|
Roasted Sesame Seeds
Roasted Sesame Sauce
Roasted Sesame Seeds
|Bean Sprout Banchan|
sliced, can be replaced with oyster or shimeji mushrooms
|Baby Corn Furikake|
sunny side up
How to cook
Marinate the salmon
- Combine the salmon pieces, garlic, light soya sauce, gochujang, chilli powder, sesame oil, roasted sesame seeds, honey and finely ground black pepper a bowl and stir well.
- Marinate the salmon pieces and set aside.
Prepare the bibimbap sauce
- Mix the gochujang, honey, garlic and water in a bowl, then set aside.
Prepare the spinach banchan
- Blanch and squeeze the baby spinach dry.
- Mix the baby spinach, roasted sesame sauce and roasted sesame seeds in a small bowl, then set aside.
Prepare the bean sprout banchan
- Blanch the bean sprouts and pat dry.
- Mix the bean sprouts, rice wine, soya sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl, then set aside.
Prepare the mushroom banchan
- Sauté the shiitake mushrooms until caramelised.
- Season with salt and pepper (to taste) then set aside.
Prepare the baby corn furikake
- Stir fry the red chilli with the baby corn for 2 minutes.
- Season with mirin and furikake, then set aside.
- Bake the marinated salmon in the oven at 180°C for 10 minutes.
- Break down the cooked salmon into smaller chunks gently with a fork and chopsticks.
- In a separate pan, fry 2 eggs sunny-side up.
- Cook the rice in a rice cooker.
Assemble and serve
- Separate the cooked rice into 2 bowls.
- Arrange spinach banchan, bean sprout banchan, mushroom banchan, baby corn banchan, spicy salmon chunks and kimchi neatly on the sides of each bowl.
- Place one sunny-side up egg in the middle of all the ingredients in each bowl.
- Drizzle half the bibimbap sauce and a small amount of sesame oil over all the ingredients in each bowl.
- Sprinkle some furikake and serve!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Salmon Fillet “Comme A La Maison”
Xi’an Spiced Chicken with Fragrant Rice
Grilled Teriyaki Salmon
Japanese Omurice (Omelette Rice)
Just 5 Minutes: Pan Seared Salmon on Tomatoes
Spicy Soba Noodles
Softshell Chilli Crab Gua Bao
Baked Soy Bean Chicken
Roasted Salmon and Vegetables with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
Crispy Baked Salmon with Tartar Sauce
Spicy Chicken Chilli Oil Noodles
Seafood Jjampong (Korean Spicy Seafood Noodles)
Hot Smoked Salmon
Crispy Skin Pan Seared Salmon
Spicy Peanut Noodles
Spaghetti with Salmon and Pesto Genovese
The Better Fish® Spicy Barramundi with Avocado and Corn Salsa
Garlic Lemon Butter Salmon5.0 (4)
Grilled Striploin Steak with Garlic Butter Mushroom5.0 (1)