Red Food Colouring
How to cook
Prepare the meringue
- Add the egg whites, honey and lemon juice to a bowl.
- With a mixer, beat until the mixture turns white and forms a firm peak, creating the meringue.
- Combine the egg yolks, milk and oil in a bowl and whisk to form the cake batter.
- Add in the flour and continue whisking till all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Add in the red food colouring to achieve the desired colour.
- Combine the meringue and cake batter together.
- Place baking paper in a circular, 12cm baking tin.
- Spread the cake mix onto each baking tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 150°C.
Assemble and serve
- Cut a banana leaf into a square to make the Ang Ku Kueh leaf.
- Place the cake on the banana leaf.
- Layer the marshmallows across the cake.
- Stack another layer of red cake on top of the marshmallow layer - repeat this to get the layers desired.
- Top the cake with strawberry cubes and drizzle honey over the cake.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Rudolph’s Frosty Margarita
Rudolph’s Gin-gle5.0 (1)
Chew’s Crème Brulee
Santa’s Little Sliders
Rendang Shepherd’s Pie
Mother’s Day Lemon Cakes
Kek Marble Gula Melaka
Red Bean Soup Dessert using Pressure Cooker
Choux Puffs with Aged Gouda and Truffle Cream
Baked Seafood Pasta Bag
Honey Walnut Cake
Churros Ice Cream Bowl
Christmas Surprise Cookie Bites
Chocolate Chip Bread
Sugar-Free Tang Yuan
Sweet Glutinous Rice Balls
Roast Beef Sliders