Red Food Colouring
How to cook
Prepare the meringue
- Add the egg whites, honey and lemon juice to a bowl.
- With a mixer, beat until the mixture turns white and forms a firm peak, creating the meringue.
- Combine the egg yolks, milk and oil in a bowl and whisk to form the cake batter.
- Add in the flour and continue whisking till all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Add in the red food colouring to achieve the desired colour.
- Combine the meringue and cake batter together.
- Place baking paper in a circular, 12cm baking tin.
- Spread the cake mix onto each baking tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 150°C.
Assemble and serve
- Cut a banana leaf into a square to make the Ang Ku Kueh leaf.
- Place the cake on the banana leaf.
- Layer the marshmallows across the cake.
- Stack another layer of red cake on top of the marshmallow layer - repeat this to get the layers desired.
- Top the cake with strawberry cubes and drizzle honey over the cake.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Chew’s Crème Brulee
Rudolph’s Gin-gle5.0 (1)
Santa’s Little Sliders
Rudolph’s Frosty Margarita
Kek Marble Gula Melaka
Rendang Shepherd’s Pie
Chocolate Chip Bread
Banana Bread Pudding
Mango Sago with Pomelo3.0 (2)
Berry Christmas Cookies3.5 (2)
Ho-Ho-Hot Luncheon Meat Fries
Sweet Potato Ondeh Ondeh4.8 (5)
Sugar-Free Tang Yuan
Christmas Kuih Party
Durian Min Jiang Kueh
Salted Egg Pork Roulade
Choux Puffs with Aged Gouda and Truffle Cream