Salted Egg Yolk Chee Cheong Fun
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
|Chee Cheong Fun Skin|
Dim Sum Flour
Frozen Sotong Dough Fritters
or pork floss
|Salted Egg Yolk Sauce|
Salted Egg Yolks
How to cook
Prepare the Chee Cheong Fun skin
- In a bowl, add in the rice flour, dim sum flour, tapioca starch and water.
- Mix well and set aside.
Prepare the salted egg yolk sauce
- In a small bowl, steam salted egg yolks for 5 minutes. Cool and crumble into finer pieces.
- In a pot, heat up the butter, crushed salted egg yolks, milk, sugar, chilli padi and curry leaves. Mix until well combined.
- Slowly simmer till sauce slightly thickens. Let it cool and sieve. Set aside.
Prepare the sotong dough fritters
- In an air fryer, air fry the sotong dough fritters as per the cooking instructions on the package.
- Cut the dough fritters into quarters and set aside to cool.
Cook the Chee Cheong Fun skin
- Fill the rice cooker vessel with water and turn on ‘steam’ function.
- Once the water reaches a gentle simmer, lay the soaked muslin cloth on a metal pan.
- Add 1 to 2 cups of the flour mixture onto the muslin cloth until it forms a thin layer.
- Place the metal pan in the rice cooker, close the lid and steam for 2 minutes.
- Remove the Chee Cheong Fun skin and the muslin cloth from the rice cooker and let it cool for 30sec to 1min.
Assemble and serve
- Lightly brush a layer of sesame oil in the middle of the Chee Cheong Fun skin.
- Lay the dough fritters quarters and chicken floss on the Chee Cheong Fun.
- Use a bench scrapper to roll the dough away from you while pulling the cloth towards you.
- Cut the Chee Cheong Fun into bite-sized pieces.
- Plate and drizzle the salted egg yolk sauce over it. Top with chicken floss and spring onions.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Easy & Healthy Tiger Roar Pen Cai
Homemade Egg Noodles
Classic Bunny SCS Buttery Pineapple Tarts
Steamed Egg with Pork and Salted Vegetables
Egg and Potato Casserole2.8 (4)
Lucky Bag Cake
Egg & Avocado Wrap Using Oven
Salted Egg Prawns
Ginger-Scented Egg Custard with Grouper
Salted Egg Yolk Seafood Boil
Golden Chicken Ingot
Har Cheong Gai1.0 (1)
Sunshine Pappardelle in Carrot & Leek Cream
Soft Shell Crab Salted Eggs Benedict
Egg Mayo & Chicken Ham Croissant Sandwich
Dumpling Fried Rice
Baked Beans Scramble Eggs with Fresh Mushrooms
Brazilian Cheese Bread
Salted Egg Yolk Chicken Wrap