Roti Jala with Pengat Durian
|For Flour Mixture|
|For Durian Sauce|
How to cook
Prepare flour mixture
- Whisk together the flour, water, coconut milk, eggs and salt in a bowl until smooth. Strain the mixture if needed.
- Separate the mixture into 2 batches, mix turmeric in one and pandan extract in the other.
Prepare durian sauce
- Bring the durian flesh and coconut milk to a gentle simmer in another pot.
- Add in water, pandan extract, coconut milk, sugars, salt and water. Set aside to cool.
- Heat a very lightly greased pan in the toaster oven for 3 mins.
- Working quickly, invert the bottle and drizzle the batter in quick circular or zig-zag motions to form a net-like pattern.
- Allow the pancakes to cook for 2 mins in the toaster oven at 200°C without flipping it. Watch it closely so it doesn’t burn.
- Remove the pancakes from the pan. Using a dough scraper, fold in the sides and roll it up.
- Serve your pancakes hot with durian sauce on the side!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Pulled Beef Rendang with Local Veggies Slaw
Roti Jala with Chicken Curry
Lontong Sayur with Beef Rendang
Nasi Kerabu with Ayam Percik
Oven Roasted Curry Chicken with Vegetables
Chicken Rendang with Potatoes
Ayam Lemak Chilli Padi2.7 (3)
Pineapple and Starfruit Prata Galette
Beef Rendang with Turmeric Rice
Nasi Minyak and Sambal Prawns with Arabic Salad
Sambal Belacan with Mixed Vegetables
Healthy Nasi Lemak
Pulut Hitam Panna Cotta
Mini Chicken Satay (Inspired by the Singapore Flyer)
Bubur Candil (Sweet Tapioca Balls in Coconut Cream Sauce)
Kueh Dadar Crepe Cake
Kapitan Chicken Curry
Iga Penyet (Fried Beef Ribs)