Red Bean Paste
Agar Agar Powder
Red Food Colouring
How to cook
Prepare red bean paste
- Divide red bean paste into small balls (10g each ball).
- Flatten the ball and shape it to fit into the middle of the mooncakes.
- In a separate pot, mix agar agar powder, water, coconut milk, and sugar. Cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil.
- Add food colouring and mix well. Keep the mixture warm under low heat otherwise, it will harden.
- Fill ¼ of the mould with the mixture and wait until it hardens (this will take around 3-5 minutes).
- Place red bean paste in the center of the mould and fill up with agar mixture to cover the mould.
- Place it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to set completely and serve chilled.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Eight treasure rice
Strawberry Jelly Cheesecake
No-Bake Jelly Cake
Red & White Mini Falooda
Red Bean Soup Dessert using Pressure Cooker
Osmanthus Rose Jelly
Lotus Mooncake Cookies
Yuan Yang Caramel Snowskin Mooncake
Sweet Glutinous Rice Balls
Jiufen Dessert Bowl5.0 (1)
Sweet Bliss Melon and Pomelo Pudding
Glutinous Rice Balls ‘Tang Yuan’ with Black Sesame Paste
Sweet Potato Ondeh Ondeh4.8 (5)
Grilled Pound Cake French Toast with Smoked Maple Syrup
Pomelo & Mango Crepe
Baileys Irish Cheesecake1.0 (1)
No-Baked Avocado Lime Cheesecake
French Almond Apple Tart
Banana Bread Pudding