Grilled Pound Cake French Toast with Smoked Maple Syrup
cut into 2cm slices or desired thickness
Food-Grade Wood Chips
Fresh Mint Leaves
How to cook
- If you’ve got a small barbecue grill at home and some time on your hands, this dessert is the perfect recipe to warm up your nights or a leisurely brunch to kickstart weekends.
- Bring a cast-iron pan to the highest heat for at least 5 minutes. Once it is very hot, cover the base with at least 1cm depth of oak chips and leave until the chips start to smoulder, but they shouldn’t ignite.
- Move the cast-iron pan to a barbecue grill carefully, then close the lid and leave to smoke.
- To make the smoked maple syrup, pour maple syrup into a small heat-resistant bowl and place it on the cool side of the barbecue grill.
- Cover the grill again and allow the maple syrup to sit for at least 15-20 minutes until it has taken on a light smoky flavour.
- Remove the maple syrup from the grill and set aside until ready to use.
- Combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a shallow bowl and beat well. Dip pound cake slices in the egg mixture to coat both sides.
- Place the pound cake slices on the hot side of the grill and cook for approximately 2 minutes per side until the egg is cooked through and the pound cake is lightly browned.
- Serve the grilled pound cake slices with smoked maple syrup, fresh fruit such as mixed berries and whipped cream.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Bacon-Wrapped Egg Toasties
Lemon Coconut Cake With Lemon Glaze
Merry Christmas Log Cake
Mixed Berry French Toast
Crepes With Caramelised Apples
No-Bake Taro Tofu Cake
Scrambled Eggs with Crispy Basil Chicken
Mango Coconut Ice Cream Cake5.0 (1)
Lemon Cardamom Cake
Mother’s Day Lemon Cakes
Matcha Gateau Au Choc
Christmas Vanilla Cake
Easy Numbers Cake
Brown Sugar Huat Kueh
Chocolate Lava French Toast
Mango Sago with Pomelo3.0 (2)
Glutinous Rice Balls ‘Tang Yuan’ with Black Sesame Paste
butter marble cake5.0 (1)