Pork Shoulder & Mushrooms Red Wine Stew
Pork Shoulder Butt
cut into 2 inches
Brown Swiss Mushrooms
cut into halves
How to cook
- Sear and brown pork shoulder in a Dutch oven pot heated with olive oil.
- Season to taste with salted and pepper. Set seared pork shoulder aside.
- In the same pot saute onions, carrots and celery. Add in swiss brown mushrooms and chopped apples, saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, Worcestershire, plain flour, salt and pepper to taste.
- Deglaze the pot with red wine.
- Add the seared pork shoulder back to the pot and mix well.
- Add chicken stock and bay leaves.
- Bring to boil and cover pot with lid, place the Dutch oven pot in a 160 °C oven and cook for 1.5 hours.
- Serve once pork shoulder becomes tender.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Sweet & Sour Christmas Bells
Egg and Potato Casserole2.8 (4)
New Zealand Superior Wild Abalone with Red Chili Stew
Creamy Mushroom Soup
Festive Seafood Abalone & Fish Maw Soup
Prata Pot Pie With Boston Clam Chowder
Fatt Choy Vegetarian Soup
Light and Bright Beef Stew
Easy Bean Stew
Fish Maw Soup
Sup Ekor (Oxtail Soup)
Kimchi Soup with Canned Tuna
Simply Cook Vegetable Kit – ABC Soup
Double-Boiled Winter Melon Chicken Soup with Black Eye Bean
Baked Seafood Pasta Bag
Ginger-Scented Egg Custard with Grouper
Vegan Luncheon & Mushroom Canapés
Tsukune in Miso Happy Broth
Focaccia Pork Shoulder Sliders
Merry Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad