Pork Shoulder & Mushrooms Red Wine Stew
Pork Shoulder Butt
cut into 2 inches
Brown Swiss Mushrooms
cut into halves
How to cook
- Sear and brown pork shoulder in a Dutch oven pot heated with olive oil.
- Season to taste with salted and pepper. Set seared pork shoulder aside.
- In the same pot saute onions, carrots and celery. Add in swiss brown mushrooms and chopped apples, saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, Worcestershire, plain flour, salt and pepper to taste.
- Deglaze the pot with red wine.
- Add the seared pork shoulder back to the pot and mix well.
- Add chicken stock and bay leaves.
- Bring to boil and cover pot with lid, place the Dutch oven pot in a 160 °C oven and cook for 1.5 hours.
- Serve once pork shoulder becomes tender.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Focaccia Pork Shoulder Sliders
Easy Bean Stew
Steamed Pork Ribs with Salted Plum4.5 (4)
Family Treasure Soup
Christmas Treat Candy Cane Sushi
Creamy Mushroom Soup
Chinese Watercress Soup
Italian-Style Chicken Stew
Stuffed Pumpkin Spiced Rice
Fatt Choy Vegetarian Soup
Fish Maw Soup in Young Coconut
Tsukune in Miso Happy Broth
Japanese Udon Soup5.0 (1)
Tom Yum Goong
Cream of Tomato Soup
Light and Bright Beef Stew5.0 (1)
Ho-Ho-Hot Luncheon Meat Fries
Sweet & Sour Christmas Bells