|For Flour Mix|
Cream Of Tartar
with 1/2 tsp lemon juice
|For Cake Mix|
zest, to taste
juice, squeezed (minimal large pulp)
How to cook
- Whip egg white with cream of tartar until big foamy bubbles start to form.
- Add in icing sugar gradually, a couple of tablespoons at a time.
- Whip until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
Prepare cake mix
- Beat butter & icing sugar until butter turns to a pale yellow and doubles in volume.
- Add egg yolks one at a time and beat well to combine before adding the next.
- Add in the pomelo zest and juice and mix well.
- Add flour to the cake mix in 4 batches, making sure flour is mixed in before adding more.
- Be careful not to over mix the batter.
- Fold in ¼ of the meringue to the cake mix to lighten the mixture.
- Fold in the remaining meringue in two batches to ensure the mixture retains the fluffiness.
- Pour into a greased & lined cake pan and tap on the tabletop a couple of times to remove large air bubbles.
- Smooth the top of the cake mixture.
- Bake at 170°C for 45-50 mins until the top is light brown.
- When you poke the center with a toothpick, it should come out clean with no batter stuck to it.
- Let the cake rest on a wire rack for 10-15 mins or until room temperature.
- Serve with a dusting of icing sugar & zest and cream on the side and enjoy!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Baileys Irish Cheesecake
Brown Sugar Huat Kueh
Easy Numbers Cake
Mango Sago with Pomelo3.0 (2)
Grilled Pound Cake French Toast with Smoked Maple Syrup
Peach Sponge Cake
Coconut & Pomelo Mochi Pudding
No-Bake Jelly Cake
Black Forest 'Cake'
Pandan Gula Melaka Cake
Mug Date Cake
Mango Coconut Ice Cream Cake
Orange Passover Cake
Chui kao shao cookies
butter marble cake5.0 (1)
Golden Pillow Cheese Pineapple Tarts
Chocolate Christmas Log Cake
Durian Cream Pancakes
Sweet Bliss Melon and Pomelo Pudding
Honey Walnut Cake
Cake in a Jar