skin-on with bones removed
Rendered Chicken Fat
or vegetable oil
White Jasmine Rice
|Spring Onion Oil|
How to cook
- Rub the skin-on chicken with the salt and set aside.
- In a pan or pot with a lid, heat up the chicken fat or oil.
- Add the ginger, garlic, and shallot. Cook, stirring, until fragrant.
- Stir in the rice and fry gently until glossy.
- Add chicken stock, then place the chicken, skin-side up, in the pan. Add the spring onions on top.
- Bring to boil over medium-high heat and when it starts to simmer, cover and turn the heat down to low. Cook for 17 mins. Turn off the heat and leave it to rest for 10 mins.
- While the rice is cooking, make the spring onion oil: place the spring onion in a deep heat-proof bowl and set aside.
- In a small pot, heat oil over medium heat. Remove the pot from the stove and very carefully pour over the green onions – they will sizzle and bubble up.
- Stir in some salt to taste.
- When the 10 min rest time is up, remove and discard the spring onions.
- Remove the chicken and slice evenly.
- Fluff up the rice and serve with chicken, thinly sliced cucumbers and spring onion oil. Serve immediately!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Eight treasure rice
Beef Fried Rice
Pineapple Fried Rice
Pumpkin Taro Rice
Rice-Cooker Salt Baked Chicken
Kimchi Fried Rice
Chicken Karaage with Rice
Chicken Bibimbap (Korean Mixed Rice)
Chanko Nabe (Sumo Hot Pot)
Laksa Baked Rice
Dumpling Fried Rice
Cantonese Roast Chicken Stuffed with Rice
Chicken Fried Rice with XO Sauce5.0 (1)
Curry Fried Rice
Rice Cooker Laksa Fried Rice4.3 (3)
Japanese Omurice (Omelette Rice)
Cheesy Chicken Kimchi Noodles
Butter & Egg Fried Rice with Chicken Fillet