Octopus Carpaccio with Kimchi Cream
Dried Juniper Berries
|Pickled Japanese Cucumber|
of your choice
How to cook
- Saute garlic, onions and leeks in a medium-sized stock pot. Stir occasionally.
- Add white wine to deglaze the pan, then add the vegetable stock.
- Add octopus, bay leaf, peppercorns and juniper berries and simmer gently until tender for at least 45 mins to 1.5 hrs. Test for tenderness with a skewer.
- Remove from pot and chill overnight. Slice thinly and toss in crispy chilli.
- Blend the kimchi and sour cream in a blender until fine and smooth.
- Set aside in the refrigerator to chill in a piping bag.
- Mix grain vinegar, sugar and sea salt.
- Place cucumbers in a medium Ziploc bag and pour vinegar mixture in. Chill in refrigerator for 3 to 6 hrs.
Assemble & serve
- Arrange slices of octopus, dots of kimchi cream, pickled cucumber and tomatoes.
- Garnish with rice crackers. Serve immediately!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Chicken Fried Rice with XO Sauce
Steak with a Peppery Mushroom sauce
New Zealand Superior Wild Abalone Pasta in Red Wine Cream Sauce
Meatball Rose Cream Penne Pasta
Grilled Striploin Steak with Garlic Butter Mushroom5.0 (1)
Spicy Salmon Bibimbap
Pan Seared Australian Beef Denver Steak with Tomato Herb Cream Sauce
Roasted Capsicum Paneer Masala with Basmati Rice
Korean Army Stew, Christmas Edition5.0 (3)
Spaghetti with Salmon and Pesto Genovese
Stewed Mushroom with Broccoli
Dry Laksa Udon with Tiger Prawns
Creamy Seafood Pasta
One-Pan Pasta with Canned Tomatoes5.0 (1)
Barramundi Curry With Eggplant, Zucchini and Tomatoes
Cheesy Chicken Kimchi Noodles
Xi’an Spiced Chicken with Fragrant Rice
Baked Pesto Chicken with Quinoa Veg