|For mee siam|
Mee Siam Paste
juice to taste
|For the garnish|
How to cook
Prepare the bee hoon
- Soak dry bee hoon in a pot of hot water until soft.
- Heat up bee hoon sambal with 75ml of water on medium heat till sambal dissolves for sambal mixture.
- Add soaked bee hoon to sambal mixture, stir fry for 2-3 mins in medium heat till dry.
Prepare the mee siam gravy
- Mix mee siam paste with 450ml of water in a pot and allow it to boil.
- Simmer for 2 mins. Do not cover pot.
Prepare egg garnishing
- In a bowl, beat 2 eggs and pour into hot frying pan and cook until it becomes a thin crepe.
- Once egg is fully cooked, remove from pan.
- Roll up egg crepe and slice thinly.
Prepare fried bean curd
- Deep fry bean curd till golden brown.
Assemble and serve
- Portion bee hoon, egg and bean curd into individual bowls.
- Stir mee siam gravy gently before pouring onto bee hoon.
- Add garnishes and serve with sambal chilli.
- Add lime juice to taste.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Nonya Dry Mee Siam
Salted Gula Melaka Chocolate Chip Cookies
Black Pepper Mutton
Kellogg’s Raya Froot Loops
Kellogg’s Rendang Crisps
Roti Jala with Pengat Durian
Coconut Cream Flan With Passion Fruit
Teh Tarik Cupcakes
Biryani Rice Bowl
Mini Chicken Satay (Inspired by the Singapore Flyer)
Kellogg’s Corn Flakes Makmur Cookies
Healthy Nasi Lemak
Chicken Rendang with Potatoes
The Original Pisang Keju
Roti Jala with Chicken Curry
Kellogg’s Corn Flakes Pitta Wonder
Pulut Hitam Panna Cotta
Ayam Goreng Kalasan