German Meatballs with Mustard Gravy
chicken or pork
How to cook
Prepare the meatballs
- Stir fry the red onions with 1 teaspoon of salt until light brown (about 2 minutes) then set them aside to cool to room temperature.
- Combine the fried onions with minced meat, fresh coriander, mustard, egg, plain flour, milk and black pepper.
- Form the meatball mixture into balls then set aside in the fridge to firm up for 10 minutes.
- In a pan over medium heat add 3 tablespoon of oil, brown the meatballs on each side (about 1 minute per side) and remove from the pan.
- Alternatively, you can bake the meatballs in a preheated oven at 190°C (top & bottom heat, fan on) for 20-25 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through.
Prepare the mustard gravy
- In a pan, add butter and garlic and cook until garlic has softened.
- Whisk in the flour, mixing it constantly for 45 seconds so it does not burn.
- Add in the beef stock to deglaze the pan and add in the mustard, soy sauce, milk, salt and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then add the meatballs and simmer for 5 minutes.
Assemble and serve
- Serve the meatballs browned to perfection and smothered in the creamy gravy sauce.
- Garnish with sauerkraut, chopped coriander and sour cream if you desire.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Ban Choon Grilled Fish with Oregano Sauce
Apple Chicken Salad with Kale Pesto Pasta
Air Fried Soy Chicken With Potatoes
Spicy Chicken Nuggets
Fried Spaghetti Balls
Scallops with Mango Puree Canape
Braised Australian Beef Oxtail with Tomato
Ho-Ho-Hot Luncheon Meat Fries
Bone Broth With Leftover Turkey
Beef Steak With Reduced Balsamic Sauce
Sustenir Pan Fried Halibut with Kale Sauce
Pan Seared Australian Beef Denver Steak with Tomato Herb Cream Sauce
Pan Seared Australian Beef Ribeye with Rendang Sauce
Choux Puffs with Aged Gouda and Truffle Cream
Happiee K-Bagel Fishiee Patty Burger with Kimchi Slaw
Golden Butter Fried Salmon
Love Bug Pie
Merry Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad
Miso Ginger Glazed Seared Australian Beef Ribeye