cut into small pieces
Oyster Sauce With Dried Scallop
deseeded and diced
How to cook
Prepare the chicken
- Rinse and remove the impurities from the chicken stomach.
- Remove the legs, wings, backbone - keep them to make chicken stock.
- Chop the chicken into small pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap the chicken in aluminium foil and greaseproof paper.
- Steam for about 12-15 minutes over high heat.
Prepare the sauce
- Add 200ml of canola oil into a pan.
- Deep fry the garlic cloves over medium heat until golden brown, then remove and set aside.
- Continue to deep fry the shredded ginger for garnishing, then strain and set aside.
- In the same pan, stir fry the shimeji mushrooms and bamboo shoots in the garlic and ginger oil until they turn brown.
- Stir in the chili, spring onion and oyster sauce.
- Add in the chicken stock and bring it to a boil.
- Add in the fried garlic and sugar into the sauce, then thicken it up with corn starch.
Assemble and serve
- Remove any access liquid from the steamed chicken and transfer the chicken to a dim sum basket/serving plate.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken, garnish with fried ginger and serve!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Lucky Bag Cake
Buddha Jump Over The Wall in Egg White Fortune Pouch
Golden Pillow Cheese Pineapple Tarts
Roasted Prawns with Seaweed Butter
Lotus Mooncake Cookies
Crispy Duck Leg with Mandarin Orange
Steamed Egg with Pork and Salted Vegetables
Rice Cooker “Claypot” Rice
Golden Chicken Ingot
Gold Bar Spring Roll
Jiufen Dessert Bowl5.0 (1)
Sea Asparagus with Liver Sausages
Rice-Cooker Braised Chicken
Festive Seafood Abalone & Fish Maw Soup
Braised Longevity Ee Fu Noodles in Chicken Broth
Steamed Garlic Prawns4.5 (2)
Rice Cooker Laksa Fried Rice4.3 (3)
Dumpling Fried Rice
Durian Min Jiang Kueh