How to cook
Prepare the oven
- Heat the oven to 170°C.
- Grease the Bundt pan well with melted butter.
Prepare the cake batter
- Whip butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy for about 2 minutes.
- Combine the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, cardamom powder and salt in a bowl, then set aside.
- Prepare the wet ingredients - vanilla extract and eggs.
- Alternate adding in the dry and wet ingredients little by little into the butter mix until a very smooth and creamy-looking batter forms - whip in a little of the dry ingredients, followed by the wet ingredients (one egg at a time).
- Fill the Bundt pan with the cake batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out completely clean (about 45-60 minutes).
- Remove the cake gently from the pan once it's cool enough to handle, then let it cool down further.
Assemble and serve
- Whisk the icing sugar and lemon juice together - keep adding lemon juice until you have a slow-moving icing.
- Drizzle the icing on the cooled cake, decorate with lemon and sprinkle the chopped pistachios.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Peach & Blueberry Cheesecake
Eight Treasures Tang Yuan
Grilled Pound Cake French Toast with Smoked Maple Syrup
Caramelised Apple Crumble
Cake in a Jar
Halloween Silly Fruit Bites
Mug Date Cake
Durian Cream Pancakes
Christmas Vanilla Cake
Bubur Cha Cha (Inspired by the Dragon Playground)
butter marble cake
Bubur Candil (Sweet Tapioca Balls in Coconut Cream Sauce)
Peach Gum Jellies
Honey Walnut Cake5.0 (1)
Baileys Irish Cheesecake2.5 (2)
Coconut & Pomelo Mochi Pudding
Brown Sugar Huat Kueh