Laksa Baked Rice
Short Grain Rice
large sized, deshelled and deveined
washed and soaked for 2 minutes, chopped
Chinese Cooking Wine
How to cook
Prepare the rice
- Pour rice into the rice cooker container.
- Rinse it and soak it in water for 20 minutes.
- Drain the water, then add in sufficient water as indicated on the rice cooker.
- Add in vinegar to allow the rice to break down the starch and increase water absorption.
- Cook the rice according to the package instructions.
- Once it is cooked, use a rice ladle to fluff the rice.
- Close the lid and keep it warm in the rice cooker for at least 15 minutes - to ensure that the rice grains will absorb the remaining water so that every grain is soft and tender.
Prepare the prawns
- Deshell the prawns, leaving the tail on.
- Devein the prawns by slitting the back of the prawn to remove the intestines.
- Mix the prawns with 1 teaspoon of chinese cooking wine, 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper powder, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of sugar.
- Let it marinate for 10 minutes.
- In a pan, heat up 1 tablespoon of oil then add in the prawns.
- Once the prawns have curled up slightly, flip to the other side.
- The prawn is ready when it is ½ cooked, it will continue to cook in the oven at the last stage.
Prepare the squid
- Remove the squid's tentacles from the body.
- Remove the translucent quill and impurities within the body.
- Detach and pull the skin off from the body.
- Cut the squid into rings.
- Mix the squid with ½ teaspoon of chinese cooking wine, 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper powder, 1/8 teaspoon of sugar and a pinch salt.
- Let it marinate for 10 minutes.
- Using the same pan as before, add in ½ tablespoon of oil.
- Add in the squid and do a quick stir-fry till it is ½ cooked, it will continue to cook in the oven at the last stage.
Prepare the clams
- Use a brush and scrub the clamshells under running water to remove any impurities on the shell.
- In a bowl, add in clams, ice water and 3 tablespoon of salt.
- Soak for at least 30 minutes so that the clams will purge out the sand.
- Rinse the clams several times till the water is clear.
Prepare the laksa fried rice
- Preheat the oven to 250°C, set it to broil or top heat.
- In a pan, heat up 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add in chopped shallot, garlic, dried shrimp and laksa leaves then cook till fragrant.
- Add in the laksa paste and fry it.
- Add in the cooked rice, toss it quickly and mix evenly.
- Transfer the fried rice into the casserole.
- Spread the mayonnaise over the rice.
- Spread the prawns, squid, and fresh clams.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese.
- Transfer to the oven, place it on the top layer and bake for 3 minutes.
- It is ready when the cheese has melted and turned into a beautiful golden brown.
- Garnish with chopped laksa leaves and serve.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Lotus Mooncake Cookies
Chui kao shao cookies
Curry Kale, Pumpkin, Paneer Muffins
Ah Ma’s Chicken Rice
Royal Fortune Stir Fried Ingot Rice
Rose Chicken Pasta Bake
Truffle Infused Baby Abalone Claypot Rice4.3 (3)
One-Pot-Meal Recipe: Chestnut Chicken Rice5.0 (2)
Golden Chef South African Baby Abalone with Korean Rice Cake
CNY Royal Umbrella Rice YuSheng
Royal Golden Ingot Rice Bowl
Baked Beans Scramble Eggs with Fresh Mushrooms
Apple Chicken Salad with Kale Pesto Pasta
Coffee Pork Ribs
Baked Soy Bean Chicken
Har Cheong Gai
Abalone & Seafood Pao Fan
Chinese Sausage & Mushroom Rice
Chocolate Chips Peanut Cookies