Indian Style Mee Siam with Fresh Prawns
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
Red Cargo Rice Vermicelli
Chung Hwa Assam
dissolved in water
soaked and softened in water
Salted Bean Paste
How to cook
- Cook whole fresh prawns in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain, peel, slice in half and set aside for topping.
- Boil the eggs, peel then cut them into half.
- Soak the red rice vermicelli in a bowl of hot water for 8-10 minutes. Drain well.
- Fry the red rice vermicelli with a tablespoon each of oil and sambal tumis. Set aside.
- Blend onions, garlic, dried shrimps and candlenuts into a paste.
- Add oil to the pot and saute the blended ingredients till fragrant for 10 minutes.
- Add sambal tumis, salted bean paste and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add ground peanuts, 1.5 liters of water and assam (dissolve in 500ml water, removed seeds) and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add sugar and coconut cream once the gravy is done simmering. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes
Assemble & serve
- In a bowl, place a serving of rice vermicelli, then add some gravy over the vermicelli.
- Garnish with a hard-boiled egg, chopped chives and half of a lime.
- Before eating, squeeze the lime all over the mee siam.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
The Four Kings
Curry Fried Rice
Roasted Salmon and Vegetables with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
Crispy Baked Salmon with Tartar Sauce
Chicken Karaage with Rice
Teochew Style Steamed Fish
Crispy Noodles with Silky Seafood Sauce
Simply Cook Vegetable Kit – Indian Chicken Curry
Fried Mee Tai Mak
Dry Laksa Udon with Tiger Prawns
Homemade Laksa Noodles
Tom Yam Pasta
Seafood Hor Fun
Roasted Prawns with Seaweed Butter
Chicken and Ham Roulade with Plum Sauce
Pulled Beef Rendang with Local Veggies Slaw
Prawn and Egg Fried Rice
Steak with a Peppery Mushroom sauce