Iga Penyet (Fried Beef Ribs)
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
Dried Red Chilli
rehydrate in water
How to cook
Prepare the chilli sauce
- Stir-fry garlic, shallots, red chilies and red tomatoes until cooked.
- Blend it with brown sugar, salt, sugar and shrimp paste until smooth.
- Cook the beef ribs, bay leaves, lime leaves, lemongrass, ginger, salt, sugar, beef powder and water in a pressure cooker for 50 minutes, or boil it in a pot till the meat turns tender.
- Once the beef ribs are cooked, remove it from the broth and set it aside to cool for 15 minutes - allow the excess broth to drip out from the meat to avoid the oil from splattering when frying it.
- Pour oil into a pot and deep fry the beef ribs for about 10 minutes till the meat turns slightly crispy on the surface.
- Plate up the beef ribs with rice and chilli paste on the sides, garnish with vegetables on the side and serve!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Pulled Beef Rendang with Local Veggies Slaw
Wok-fried Mee Sua with Tiger Prawns
Beef Rendang with Turmeric Rice
Rice Cooker Laksa Fried Rice4.3 (3)
Stir Fry Chicken Noodles
Pumpkin Taro Rice
Lontong Sayur with Beef Rendang
Baby’s First Bolognese Sauce
Chicken Karaage with Rice
Rib Eye Steak
Roast Beef Sliders
Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
Butter & Egg Fried Rice with Chicken Fillet
Korean Army Stew, Christmas Edition5.0 (3)
Beef Fried Rice
Kee Song Pan Fried Provencal Herb Boneless Chicken Thighs