plus more walnut halves for garnish
|1 1⁄2 cups|
plus more for the cake pan
softened, plus more for the cake pan
Natural Granulated Sugar
How to cook
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Spread the walnuts on baking paper and toast lightly in the preheated oven for 6 mins.
- Set them aside on a plate to cool.
- Grind the walnuts in a food processor with 1/2 portion of the plain flour until very fine.
Prepare dry ingredients
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the ground walnuts, remaining plain flour, baking powder and salt.
- Set aside some honey to coat the walnuts.
- In a standing mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter with the remaining honey and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs lightly with the orange zest and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Add it in thirds to the butter mixture. Beat well to incorporate after each addition.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 35-40 mins or until a toothpick inserted in its center comes out cleanly.
- Toast some walnut halves on a sheet pan for 8 mins while the cake is baking.
- Add them to a bowl while still warm and stir in the honey until the walnuts are coated thoroughly with it.
- Reserve the walnut halves at room temperature to garnish the cake when it is finished.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 5 minutes and then turn it onto a cake rack to cool.
- Garnish the edge of the cake with the walnut halves before slicing it into wedges.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Gluten Free Chocolate Baileys cake
Merry Christmas Log Cake
No Bake Peanut Butter & Rolled Oats Energy Balls
Grilled Pound Cake French Toast with Smoked Maple Syrup
No-Bake Jelly Cake
Lemon Cardamom Cake
Alce Nero Strawberry Roll Cake
Mango Coconut Ice Cream Cake5.0 (1)
Coconut Bundt Cake With Dark Chocolate Ganache
Chocolate Cup Fruit Cake
Peach Sponge Cake
butter marble cake5.0 (1)
Eight treasure rice
Black Forest 'Cake'