Honey Walnut Cake
plus more walnut halves for garnish
|1 1⁄2 cups|
plus more for the cake pan
softened, plus more for the cake pan
Natural Granulated Sugar
How to cook
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Spread the walnuts on baking paper and toast lightly in the preheated oven for 6 mins.
- Set them aside on a plate to cool.
- Grind the walnuts in a food processor with 1/2 portion of the plain flour until very fine.
Prepare dry ingredients
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the ground walnuts, remaining plain flour, baking powder and salt.
- Set aside some honey to coat the walnuts.
- In a standing mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter with the remaining honey and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs lightly with the orange zest and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Add it in thirds to the butter mixture. Beat well to incorporate after each addition.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 35-40 mins or until a toothpick inserted in its center comes out cleanly.
- Toast some walnut halves on a sheet pan for 8 mins while the cake is baking.
- Add them to a bowl while still warm and stir in the honey until the walnuts are coated thoroughly with it.
- Reserve the walnut halves at room temperature to garnish the cake when it is finished.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 5 minutes and then turn it onto a cake rack to cool.
- Garnish the edge of the cake with the walnut halves before slicing it into wedges.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Naan Con Cubanos Fixin’
Orange Passover Cake
No-Bake Jelly Cake
No-Bake Taro Tofu Cake
CNY inspired Tiger Swiss Roll
Chocolate Cup Fruit Cake
Brown Sugar Huat Kueh
Durian Cream Pancakes
Pomelo & Mango Crepe
Fro-Yo Fruit Bites5.0 (2)
Thai Mango Sticky Rice
Lotus Mooncake Cookies
Fruit & Vegetable Popsicles
Eight treasure rice
Golden Pillow Cheese Pineapple Tarts
Lemon Cardamom Cake
Chui kao shao cookies
Cake in a Jar
Mango Coconut Ice Cream Cake
Baileys Irish Cheesecake1.0 (1)