Healthy Nasi Lemak
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
or Basmati Rice
boiled and halved
Dried Red Chillies
How to cook
- To cook the brown rice, add water, ginger and pandan leaf.
- When the brown rice is cooked, toss it with coconut oil to give it the coconut flavor.
Prepare chilli mixture
- To prepare tamarind liquid, add tamarind pulp soaked in warm water for the juice. Discard the seeds.
- In the blender, blend the dried chillies, red chilli, red onion, and garlic until it forms a paste.
- In a pan, heat up some oil and fry the chilli paste until the oil begins to separate.
- Add the tamarind liquid, brown sugar and continue cooking for 15 minutes until the mixture turns dark red.
- Add salt to taste if necessary.
Cook ikan bilis & peanuts
- Microwave or dry fry the ikan bilis till crisp.
- Dry fry the peanuts in a pan until lightly browned.
Assemble & serve
- To serve, place brown rice, ikan bilis, peanuts, egg and the sambal sauce on a plate. Garnish with cucumber.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!