Mid-Joint Chicken Wings
Chinese Rice Wine
hua tiao jiu, optional
How to cook
Marinate the chicken wings
- Place the chicken wings in a bowl.
- Add in the fine shrimp sauce, Chinese rice wine, oyster sauce, sugar, sesame oil and white pepper, then mix well.
- Transfer the coated chicken wings to a resealable plastic bag, seal and place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 4 hours.
Prepare the batter
- Combine the plain flour, potato starch, baking powder, egg and water, then mix until the batter is smooth.
- Add the marinated chicken wings to the batter and mix well.
- Heat sufficient oil for deep-frying in a wok over medium heat.
- Add in the chicken wings and deep-fry until golden brown (keep the oil at 180°C while frying the wings).
- The chicken wings will start to float in 4-5 minutes when they are done.
- Remove the chicken wings from the oil, drain well and serve.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Salted Egg Yolk Chee Cheong Fun
Steamed Egg with Pork and Salted Vegetables
Impossible Meat Patty
Herbal Bak Kut Teh5.0 (2)
Wok-Fried Tangy Prawns with Sesame Soy Dressing
Gold Bar Spring Roll
Stir Fry Endives with Fish Cake
Family Treasure Soup
Fruitful Sweet Prawns
Crispy Duck Leg with Mandarin Orange
Braised Australian Baby Abalone in Red Yeast Sauce2.0 (1)
Mala Xiang Guo
Rice Cooker Laksa Fried Rice4.3 (3)
Honey Garlic Meatball
Salmon Belly Skewers
Abundant Claypot With Abalone Sauce
Ginger-Scented Egg Custard with Grouper