Mid-Joint Chicken Wings
Chinese Rice Wine
hua tiao jiu, optional
How to cook
Marinate the chicken wings
- Place the chicken wings in a bowl.
- Add in the fine shrimp sauce, Chinese rice wine, oyster sauce, sugar, sesame oil and white pepper, then mix well.
- Transfer the coated chicken wings to a resealable plastic bag, seal and place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 4 hours.
Prepare the batter
- Combine the plain flour, potato starch, baking powder, egg and water, then mix until the batter is smooth.
- Add the marinated chicken wings to the batter and mix well.
- Heat sufficient oil for deep-frying in a wok over medium heat.
- Add in the chicken wings and deep-fry until golden brown (keep the oil at 180°C while frying the wings).
- The chicken wings will start to float in 4-5 minutes when they are done.
- Remove the chicken wings from the oil, drain well and serve.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Salted Egg Yolk Chee Cheong Fun
Rice Cooker “Claypot” Rice
Dumpling Fried Rice
Fruitful Sweet Prawns
Golden Chicken Ingot
Spicy Chicken Nuggets
Dak-galbi (Korean Spicy Stir-Fried Chicken)
Herbal Bak Kut Teh5.0 (2)
Abundant Claypot With Abalone Sauce
Impossible Meat Patty
Wok-Fried Tangy Prawns with Sesame Soy Dressing
Air-Fryer Onion Pakora
Lotus Mooncake Cookies
Mala Xiang Guo
Steamed Egg with Pork and Salted Vegetables
Braised Australian Baby Abalone in Red Yeast Sauce
Rice Cooker Laksa Fried Rice4.3 (3)
Salt Grilled Salmon Head & Collar
Braised Longevity Ee Fu Noodles in Chicken Broth