Golden Pumpkin Scallops and Crispy Wanton
thaw and pat dry
remove the seeds and skin
Fried Wanton Skins
soaked in Chinese wine
How to cook
Marinate the scallops
- Thaw scallops in fridge overnight.
- Rinse and pat dry with a clean cloth.
- Season with 1⁄2 teaspoon of salt and 1⁄2 teaspoon of sugar, then set aside.
Prepare the pumpkin puree
- In a large pan, add oil, onion and pumpkin - sauté until the onions are soft.
- Add in the remaining salt and sugar then stir fry for 1 minute.
- Mix in chicken stock.
- Bring the pumpkin mixture to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend the pumpkin mixture into a puree.
- Sear the scallops over a hot frying pan with oil and butter until golden brown on both sides, then set aside.
- Pour the pumpkin puree onto a plate.
- Arrange the seared scallops on it and place the fried wanton skin in the centre.
- Garnish with wolfberries and coriander leaves (optional), then serve.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Golden Chef South African Baby Abalone with Korean Rice Cake
Golden Pearls In A Nest
Poached Chicken with Ginger and Spring Onion Sauce
Golden Pomfret (Teochew Sauce)
Crispy Duck Leg with Mandarin Orange
Braised Sea Cucumber and Mushroom
Braised Long Cabbage with Sweet Corn and Egg White Sauce
Abalone & Seafood Pao Fan
CNY Bak Kwa Tea Buns
The Golden Platter
Stir Fry Kailan with Crispy Pork
Braised Sea Cucumber, Scallops and Roast Pork Claypot
Golden Chicken Ingot
Abundant Claypot With Abalone Sauce
Cow with tiger head bento
Razor Clams Vietnamese Spring Rolls
Crispy Luncheon Meat with Egg Floss
Crispy Chicken with Auspicious Mandarin Orange & Ginger Scallion Sauce
Stir-fry Scallop Sauce Prawn with Broccoli
Glazed Scallop Meatballs