Golden Chef Auspicious Fortune Pot Chicken Stew
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
Auspicious Fortune Pot
Fresh Spring Chicken
800g – 900g
|For Chicken Marinade|
washed and halved
Light Soya Sauce
Dark Soya Sauce
|For Stock Seasoning|
Chinese Yellow Wine
Concentrated Chicken Stock
Dark Soya Sauce
How to cook
Prepare fortune pot & chicken
- Separate the soup and ingredients from the Auspicious Fortune Pot can.
- Wash the spring chicken and pat dry. Discard fat and innards.
- Butterfly the back of the chicken; use the back of your knife to break the leg bone but do not remove these bones.
- Marinate the chicken in a large bowl and chill it for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat up a pan over medium-high heat and fry the chicken with the skin facing down.
- Sear until golden brown for a few minutes before turning it to fry the other side of the chicken.
- Rinse the pan-fried chicken with water to get rid of the excess oil.
- Pre-heat your wok, add the soup from the fortune pot, chicken stock and stock seasoning to boil.
- Add the fried chicken and the remaining ingredients from the fortune pot. Let it braise over medium-low heat.
- Keep on turning the chicken in order to braise evenly.
- After 30 mins, check if the chicken is evenly cooked and if the sauce has reduced but not dried.
- Heat up a pot of boiling water to blanch the lettuce while the chicken is cooking. Drain and put in a deep serving plate or large bowl. Set aside.
- Once the chicken is soft and tender, dish up and place the chicken in the centre of the lettuce.
- Thicken the sauce with potato starch if it is too dilute. Pour the sauce and ingredients over the cooked chicken.
- Garnish with coriander. Ready to serve!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Chicken Fried Rice with XO Sauce5.0 (1)
One Pot: Chicken Chow Mein
Mala Kou Shui Chicken
Golden Chef Razor Clam Meat Patty
One-Pot-Meal Recipe: Chestnut Chicken Rice5.0 (1)
Spicy Chicken Chilli Oil Noodles
Baked Boneless Dang Gui Chicken with Wolfberries
Golden Pumpkin Scallops and Crispy Wanton
Braised Australian Premium Wild Abalone in Golden Sauce
Rice-Cooker Braised Chicken
New Zealand Superior Wild Abalone with Red Chili Stew
Treasure Sea Cucumber with Vegetables in Plum Sauce
Golden Chef South African Baby Abalone with Korean Rice Cake
Ah Ma’s Chicken Rice
Chanko Nabe (Sumo Hot Pot)
Golden Spicy Scallops
Soy Sauce Braised Chicken
Royal Golden Ingot Rice Bowl
Razor Clams Vietnamese Spring Rolls
Golden Pillow Cheese Pineapple Tarts