Ginger-Scented Egg Custard with Grouper
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
or other fresh seafood of your choice, such as prawns
How to cook
- Clean and remove all bones thoroughly.
- Slice the fillet into large chunks.
Prepare egg mixture
- Lightly beat eggs with a pair of chopsticks to mix evenly, then take note of its amount in the holding bowl.
- Add about 150% of chicken stock or water (as compared to the amount of egg mixture), and season with salt and ginger juice to taste.
- The ideal egg water ratio should be around 1 (egg) : 2 (liquid) in volume.
- Pour 80% of the mixture into a wide surface bowl that’s not too deep.
- Steam it for about 3-4 minutes under high heat till it starts to form into a custard.
- Remove from the steamer, add fish or seafood of your choice evenly, then pour the rest of the 20% egg solution.
- Return to the steamer and steam for another 4-5 minutes till cooked.
- Pour some soy sauce and cooking oil on top to taste, then top it with little fried shallots and spring onion.
- Serve hot immediately.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Braised Pork Belly
Double-Boiled Winter Melon Chicken Soup with Black Eye Bean
Kam Heong Prawns
Crispy Duck Leg with Mandarin Orange
Prosperity Fish Hor Fun with Fragrant Oil
Glutinous Rice Balls ‘Tang Yuan’ with Black Sesame Paste
Prata Pot Pie With Boston Clam Chowder
Homemade Egg Noodles
2022 CNY Hello Kitty Tiger Pineapple Tarts5.0 (1)
Salted Egg Yolk Chee Cheong Fun
Fuzhou Fishball Soup
Sweet and Sour Prawns with Assorted Fruits
Braised chicken wings with ginger and sesame oil
Appetizing Grouper Fillet Cubes
Steamed Egg with Pork and Salted Vegetables
Prawn and Egg Fried Rice
Cantonese Roast Chicken Stuffed with Rice
Crispy Noodles with Silky Seafood Sauce
Stir-Fried Spring Onion Ginger Fish with Fragrant Sesame Oil