Eight Treasures Tang Yuan
Passionfruit (halved with the pulp reserved)
Aiyu Jelly Premix
FairPrice Frozen Glutinous Rice Balls (flavour of your choice)
FairPrice Mini Rice Balls
Chocolate Chips (melted)
|Blue Pea Flower Syrup|
Blue Pea Flowers
Add blue food colouring if you’d like to deepen the shade of the blue pea syrup for presentation purposes!
How to cook
Prepare base layer and blue pea flower syrup
- Soak the dried wolfberries for 5 mins. Set aside.
- Prepare the aiyu jelly premix according to packaging instructions. Immerse blue pea flowers in boiling water for 10 mins, then drain and set both ingredients aside.
- Add the drained wolfberries to the aiyu jelly in a mould. Leave to set in the fridge for 2-4 hrs.
Prepare top layer
- Cut a V-shape on the top of each strawberry. Remove the stems and leaves, then slice in half lengthwise to get an adorable heart shape. Set aside.
- Cook the frozen glutinous rice balls and mini rice balls in boiling water until they float to the surface. Strain, then set aside.
- Dip a toothpick into the melted chocolate and draw a nose and eyes on a big glutinous rice ball. Add one chocolate chip on the top left and right side of each to complete the glutinous rice ball bear’s eyes.
Assemble both layers
- Dip a toothpick into the melted chocolate and draw nose and eyes on a glutinous rice ball. Add one chocolate chip on the top left and right side of each to complete the glutinous rice ball bear’s eyes.
- Divide the components for the top layer among the dessert cups: 4 heart-shaped strawberries, 4 glutinous rice balls, the mini rice balls and nata de coco in each cup.
- Top with a scoop or two of ice-cream and drizzle the blue pea flower syrup to serve!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Cake in a Jar5.0 (2)
Pong Pong Prawns
Spicy Peanut Noodles
Bubur Cha Cha (Inspired by the Dragon Playground)
Yuan Yang Caramel Snowskin Mooncake
Lemon Cardamom Cake
Eight Treasure Family Platter
Glutinous Rice Balls ‘Tang Yuan’ with Black Sesame Paste
Vegan Luncheon & Mushroom Canapés
Treasure Sea Cucumber with Vegetables in Plum Sauce
Christmas Vanilla Cake
Vegetable Spring Rolls
The Four Kings
The Golden Platter
Sugar-Free Tang Yuan
Air-Fried Tang Yuan
No-Bake Taro Tofu Cake
Golden Chef Australian Premium Wild Abalone with 4 Treasures