|For Sponge Cake|
Sponge Cake Premix
|For The Filling|
|For The Cream|
How to cook
Prepare durian paste
- Place the durian flesh into an electric mixer and mix the flesh into a paste on low to medium speed.
- Cover durian paste and keep refrigerated for use later.
Prepare whipping cream
- Whip the fresh cream and keep it refrigerated for use later.
Prepare cake mixture
- Add in eggs, cake premix flour, water and vanilla essence into a large mixing bowl.
- Beat mixture with electric mixer at medium speed for 10 minutes.
- Pour cake batter into the greased baking pan.
- Pre-heat the oven for 15 minutes and set the temperature to 180°C (top and bottom heat on).
- Place baking pan on middle rack and bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out completely clean.
- Allow the cake to completely cool in the pan on a wire rack, for about an hour, before removing it.
Assemble & serve
- Slice the cake horizontally into 3 layers and spread a thick layer of durian filling evenly on the lady of the cake. Repeat the same for the next layer.
- Spread the whipped cream on the entire cake, fill up the edges and even it out with a spatula.
- Chill the decorated cake for another hour or so and serve it chilled.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Durian Cream Pancakes
Gluten Free Chocolate Baileys cake
CNY inspired Tiger Swiss Roll
Easy Numbers Cake
Durian Sticky Rice
Lemon Cardamom Cake
Alce Nero Strawberry Roll Cake
Basque Burnt Cheesecake
Honey Walnut Cake5.0 (1)
Cake in a Jar
Matcha Gateau Au Choc
Chocolate Cup Fruit Cake
Baileys Irish Cheesecake2.5 (2)
Christmas Vanilla Cake