Crispy Chicken with Auspicious Mandarin Orange & Ginger Scallion Sauce
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
How to cook
Prepare the chicken
- Snip out the spine of the chicken and flatten it.
- Place the chicken, skin side down in a large non-stick skillet that is heating up and press on the chicken lightly to ensure the skin gets as much contact area with the pan as it can.
- Cover the chicken with a piece of aluminium foil.
- Sear the chicken for about 15 mins, until the skin is very crispy.
- Flip the chicken, allow it to cook at low heat for a few more minutes.
Prepare the sauce
- Slice the spring onions thinly and grate the ginger.
- Mince the garlic, finely dice the onion and chilies.
- Cut the mandarins into small bite-sized cubes.
- Place the sliced spring onions and ginger into a metal bowl.
- Heat up the oil until just before smoking, pour the hot oil into the ginger and spring onion mixture. Let it cool down for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the diced red onion, minced garlic, chilies and diced mandarins.
- Season with lemon zest, lemon juice (from about ¼ of lemon), soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and a bit of white pepper.
Assemble and serve
- Spoon over the chicken, top with finely chopped chives and flaky sea salt and dish is ready to serve.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!