Christmas Vanilla Cake
Pasar Farm Fresh Eggs
FairPrice Pure Cane Sugar - Fine Grain
Magnolia Fresh Milk
Few drops of vanilla extract
How to cook
Prepare the cake batter
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Split the egg yolks from the whites. Set both aside.
- Add the oil into a medium-sized bowl. Pour in the milk and give it a good stir until both liquids in the mixture have emulsified.
- Fold the cake flour and egg yolks into the mixture gently. Add as many drops of vanilla extract as you’d like.
- Beat egg whites with the sugar until stiff. Fold in ⅓ of the beaten egg whites into the egg yolk batter.
- Fold in the remaining ⅔ of the beaten egg whites into the egg yolk batter until both mixtures are fully combined. Be gentle and do not over fold!
- Pour this mixture into a lined cake tin. Bake in the preheated oven for 55 mins, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
Prepare the frosting and cake!
- Remove the baked cake from the tin. Flip it upside down and leave to cool down.
- Make the frosting by beating the whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks. With a palette knife, cover the cake neatly with this frosting.
- Top the cake with decorations of your choice and serve!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Honey Walnut Cake5.0 (1)
Alce Nero Strawberry Roll Cake
Basque Burnt Cheesecake
Mother’s Day Lemon Cakes
Vanilla Chia Pudding
Chocolate Cup Fruit Cake
Durian Cream Pancakes
Christmas Coconut Macaron
Christmas Surprise Cookie Bites
Gluten Free Chocolate Baileys cake
Mug Date Cake
Lemon Cardamom Cake
Chocolate Christmas Log Cake
Orange Passover Cake3.0 (2)
Grilled Pound Cake French Toast with Smoked Maple Syrup
butter marble cake5.0 (1)
Berry Christmas Cookies3.5 (2)