Chocolate Christmas Log Cake
Self Raising flour
|Strawberry Italian Meringue Buttercream Filling|
Fine Grain White Sugar
|Chocolate Ganache Frosting|
70% Dark Chocolate
Heavy Whipping Cream
Fine Grain White Sugar
How to cook
Prepare the strawberry Italian meringue buttercream filling
- Prepare the sugar syrup by heating the sugar and water in a pot and bring it to boil - remove from heat when the sugar is fully dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until soft peaks form.
- Pour the cooled sugar syrup into the eggs and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add in the butter and mix well.
- Fold in the strawberry puree, mix well and set aside.
Prepare the chocolate ganache frosting
- Heat cream in a pot, add in sugar and bring to boil.
- Put the chopped chocolate into a bowl and pour in the cream mixture, mix well and set aside.
Prepare the cake
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Grease and line a Swiss roll tin with baking paper covering all corners.
- Sift and whisk together the flour, cocoa powder and honey.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until pale and frothy.
- Gradually add the sifted flour mixture and gently fold it into the wet ingredients until just combined - do not let too much air escape.
- Pour the cake batter into the tin and bake for about 10 minutes, until well-risen and firm when you touch it.
Assemble and serve
- Let the cake cool completely before spreading the strawberry Italian meringue buttercream.
- Holding one end of the cake with both hands, carefully roll the cake into a log while removing the baking paper at the same time.
- Using a metal spatula, spread the chocolate ganache frosting all over the cake.
- Run a fork down the length of the cake to add tree bark patterns on the cake.
- Dust with sifted icing sugar and decorate with strawberries or your favourite plastic decorations, like reindeer and holly leaves.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies
Baked Seafood Pasta Bag
Salted Gula Melaka Chocolate Chip Cookies
Christmas Cornflakes Wreaths
Sustenir Pan Fried Halibut with Kale Sauce
Chocolate Button Cookies
Baileys Irish Cheesecake1.0 (1)
Giant Oatmeal Cookies
Chocolate Molten Lava
Sweet & Sour Christmas Bells
Chocolate Chip Bread
Rendang Shepherd’s Pie
Kellogg’s Raya Froot Loops
German Meatballs with Mustard Gravy
No Bake Peanut Butter & Rolled Oats Energy Balls
Christmas Kuih Party
Berry Christmas Cookies
Festive Rocky Road
Rudolph’s Frosty Margarita
Focaccia Pork Shoulder Sliders
Salted Egg Pork Roulade