Chicken Soup with Ginger and Shiitake Mushrooms
preferably bone-in, cut into chunks
Dried Shiitake Mushrooms
peeled and sliced very thin
How to cook
- Cut chicken into chunks. Afterward, place the chicken in a bowl along with soy sauce, salt, sugar, cornstarch and ginger.
- Mix and massage for about a minute to help the chicken absorb the marinade and set it aside.
- Wash the dried shiitake mushrooms, drain, and then soak in warm water to rehydrate and soften.
- When the mushrooms have softened, remove them from the water (saving the soaking liquid) and slice thinly.
- Put chicken, water, and mushroom soaking liquid in a pot and bring to a boil (high heat).
- Cover the pot, turn the heat down to low and let it simmer for 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Ginger-Scented Egg Custard with Grouper
Sambal Belacan with Mixed Vegetables
Tsukune in Miso Happy Broth
Winter Melon & Corn Soup5.0 (1)
Caprese Mushrooms & Tofu Kebabs
Light and Bright Beef Stew5.0 (1)
Family Treasure Soup
Creamy Mushroom Soup
Double-Boiled Winter Melon Chicken Soup with Black Eye Bean
Kimchi Soup with Canned Tuna
Chanko Nabe (Sumo Hot Pot)
Pork Shoulder & Mushrooms Red Wine Stew5.0 (3)
Festive Seafood Abalone & Fish Maw Soup
Prawn and Egg Fried Rice
Sup Ekor (Oxtail Soup)
Vegan Luncheon & Mushroom Canapés
Fuzhou Fishball Soup
Garlic Butter Oyster Mushrooms