with salt & black pepper to taste
How to cook
Prepare the chicken
- Butterfly the breast evenly.
- Place the chicken breast between two plastic wraps.
- Use a meat mallet or rolling pin to pound the chicken as thin as you can without tearing it, around 0.7 cm or so. Set aside.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken breast.
- Combine the marinade ingredients and gently rub on each flattened breast carefully making sure not to tear it.
- Let it rest for 10 mins.
Cook the chicken
- Heat a skillet or a shallow pan over medium heat with enough oil to cover the breast.
- Prepare the dredging station by putting the flour, whisked eggs and seasoned panko in separate bowls in that order.
- Coat each breast in the flour, dusting off any excess, followed by the egg, coating it fully and lastly, dredge it through the breadcrumbs.
- Check the temp of the oil by dropping a breadcrumb to see if it sizzles.
- Fry the schnitzel one at a time until golden brown, about 3 – 4 mins per side.
- Rest on a wire rack or over a paper towel to drain excess oil.
Prepare curry ketchup
- Microwave red onions for 1 – 2 mins on high, until softened.
- Combine with curry powder, pepper & ketchup.
- Set aside.
Assemble and serve
- Serve schnitzels with curry ketchup, a side of sauerkraut and salad if desired.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Braised Long Cabbage with Sweet Corn and Egg White Sauce
Abundant Claypot With Abalone Sauce
Chicken Karaage Taco Sleigh
Crispy Chicken with Auspicious Mandarin Orange & Ginger Scallion Sauce
Sustenir Bell Pepper Pesto Chicken Wings
Happiee Sweet and Sour Chickee Popcorn
Marinated Chicken with Black Fungus
Chicken Rendang with Potatoes
Braised South African Baby Abalone with Stuffed Onion
Easy One Pot Chicken Puree
Spicy Chicken Nuggets
Kellogg’s Corn Flakes & Cheese-crusted Chicken
Dak-galbi (Korean Spicy Stir-Fried Chicken)
Golden Pumpkin Scallops and Crispy Wanton
Sunxion Steamed Clams with Garlic and vermicelli
Golden Chicken Ingot
Ayam Goreng Kalasan
Sustenir Kale Chicken Mushroom Omelette
Stir-Fried Spring Onion Ginger Fish with Fragrant Sesame Oil
Crispy Duck Leg with Mandarin Orange
Baked Boneless Masala Chicken Leg with Abalone Marinate