Chanko Nabe (Sumo Hot Pot)
|To prepare chicken stock|
cut to thick slices
|To prepare meatball|
White Pepper Powder
|Hotpot toppings (customised to preference)|
cut into slices
Sliced Pork Belly
Xiao Bai Cai
Dashi Miso Paste
How to cook
Prepare chicken stock
- Blanch chicken bones in boiling water for 5 minutes. Remove the bones and set them aside.
- In a pot with water, add chicken bones, onion, garlic, ginger and spring onions.
- Bring to boil and simmer for at least 2 hours.
- In a bowl, mix minced chicken with egg, sliced spring onion, grated ginger, corn starch, soy sauce and white pepper powder.
- Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Spoon minced chicken into meatballs.
Prepare hot pot
- Lay out vegetables, mushrooms and tofu into the hot pot.
- Add miso paste into the hot pot.
- Pour in chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Bring to a boil and cover for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a choice of seafood, meatballs, slice meats and assorted vegetables.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
South Korean Baby Abalone with Hot Mayo Miso Sauce
One Pot: Penang Prawn & Pineapple Curry
Golden Chef Auspicious Fortune Pot Chicken Stew
One-Pot-Meal Recipe: Chestnut Chicken Rice5.0 (2)
Fish Maw Soup
Hot Smoked Salmon
Stir Fry Chicken Noodles
One Pot: Chicken Chow Mein
One-Pot Hainanese Chicken Rice5.0 (2)
Stir-fried Udon with Shrimp and Fish Cake5.0 (2)
Chicken Pot Pie with Bread Topping
Roasted Pumpkin Seed Brussels Sprouts
Roasted Prawns with Seaweed Butter
Fro-Yo Fruit Bites5.0 (2)
Just 5 Minutes: Mediterranean Pita Pockets
Sweet Potato Abacus Seed Aglio Olio
Treasure Sea Cucumber with Vegetables in Plum Sauce
Sweet Potato Puree
Salted Egg Prawns