Braised Sea Cucumber and Mushroom
Corn Starch Flour
How to cook
- Soak the shiitake mushrooms in a bowl of warm water until it soften. Snip off the stems of the shiitake and discard.
- Rinse the sea cucumbers and make sure the cavities are clean. Drop the sea cucumbers into a pot, add half of the ginger and cover with water. Bring to the boil, lower the heat, cook for 15 minutes to remove the strong fishy odor. Then drain & cut into bite-size pieces.
- Rinse, cut and boil the broccoli. Drain & assemble it on the serving plate.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan, saute the remaining ginger, all of the garlic until fragrant.
- Turn up the heat. Add the shiitake, black fungus and all the sauces, salt & black pepper, sugar and oyster sauce. Bring to the boil. Add the sea cucumbers. Pour the starch solution into the wok. Stir until the sauce is thick and clear. Cover the pan & cook until the mushrooms tender.
- Add sesame oil and Huiji waist tonic, cover the pan and cook another 1 minute in the lowest heat.
Assemble & serve
- Assemble on the plate with the broccoli and enjoy!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Braised abalone with scallops, mushrooms and broccoli
Grilled Striploin Steak with Garlic Butter Mushroom5.0 (1)
Prawn Paste Mushrooms & Shabu Rolls5.0 (1)
Vegan Luncheon & Mushroom Canapés
Chinese Sausage & Mushroom Rice
Braised chicken wings with ginger and sesame oil
Braised Pork Belly
Braised Chinese Mushrooms abalone chestnut fish maw in Oyster sauce
Braised South African Baby Abalone with Stuffed Onion
Hokto Mushroom & Beef Bibimbap
Braised Sea Cucumber, Scallops and Roast Pork Claypot
Cashew Crusted Avocado
Royal Golden Ingot Rice Bowl
Garlic Butter Oyster Mushrooms
Nai Nai Braised Pork
Rice-Cooker Braised Chicken
Braised Golden Bridge waxed meat ee mian
Chinese Yam (Taro) and Pork Congee
Braised Longevity Ee Fu Noodles in Chicken Broth
8 Treasure Seafood Platter