or steak, sliced thinly into bite-sized pieces
Long Grain Rice
about 2.5cm, peeled
a few sprigs
Light Soy Sauce
How to cook
Prepare the rice
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- Spread the cooked rice out on a tray and leave to cool completely.
Prepare the paste
- Trim and quarter 4 spring onions, then place in the mini chopper.
- Pick most of the coriander leaves, add 1½ chillies (deseed if you like), then pulse to a paste.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of groundnut oil in a wok or large frying pan over a high heat.
- Add in the beef and stir-fry for 1 minute or until it starts to brown.
- Add the paste, tear in the mushrooms, and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooled rice and stir-fry for 2 more minutes, or until the rice is piping hot.
- Push the contents of the pan to one side and crack the eggs into the empty space, stirring to break them up.
- When the eggs are just cooked but still soft, toss through the rice and remove from the heat.
- Season the fried rice to taste with fish and soy sauces.
- Trim and finely slice the remaining spring onions and chilli.
- Add the sesame oil, then scatter over the remaining coriander, spring onions and chilli.
- Serve with lime wedges (optional) on the side for squeezing over.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Hokto Mushroom & Beef Bibimbap
Curry Fried Rice
Gong Bao Australian Beef Short Ribs
Slow Cooked Australian Beef Brisket with BBQ Sauce
Braised Australian Beef Short Ribs with Shallots
Chicken Fried Rice with XO Sauce5.0 (1)
Stir Fried Australian Beef Knuckle with Spring Onion & Ginger
Hong Shao Australian Beef Short Rib
Pineapple Fried Rice
Prawn and Egg Fried Rice
Chinese Braised Australian Beef Oxtail with Daikon
Iga Penyet (Fried Beef Ribs)
Pan Seared Australian Beef Ribeye with Rendang Sauce
Ginger Soy Marinated Pan Seared Australian Beef Striploin
Braised Australian Beef Oxtail with Tomato
Rice Cooker “Claypot” Rice
Five Spiced Braised Australian Beef D-Rump
Black Bean Stir Fried Australian Beef Eye Round
Cantonese Braised Australian Beef Brisket
Braised Australian Beef Shin Shank with Mushroom & Onion