|For the rempah (spice mix)|
Rice (To serve with)
Red Chilli Padi
Frozen chicken thigh or frozen chicken drumstick
cut into 8 pcs
Light Coconut Cream
Asam Keping (tamarind)
Cube Chicken Stock
How to cook
Prepare rempah (spice mix)
- Blend shallots, garlic, lemongrass, turmeric leaves, ginger, galangal, red chilli padi and water in a food processor.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add blended rempah, lemongrass, green chillies, and tomato.
- Fry until fragrant and until the oil separates from the surface.
- Add pieces of chicken, along with coconut cream and chicken stock.
- Simmer for about 10–15 mins on low heat until chicken is tender.
- Add turmeric leaves, asam keping (tamarind) and season with salt.
- Serve with rice.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Assam Steamed Fish
Chef Siti Pasta Rempah
Roti Jala with Chicken Curry
Ayam Goreng Kalasan
Nasi Kerabu with Ayam Percik
Mini Chicken Satay (Inspired by the Singapore Flyer)
Kellogg’s Corn Flakes & Cheese-crusted Chicken
Healthy Nasi Lemak
Honey Buih Thai Iced Tea
Chicken Rendang with Potatoes
Kellogg’s Corn Flakes Pitta Wonder
Sotong Masak Hitam
Nonya Dry Mee Siam