|For the rempah (spice mix)|
Rice (To serve with)
Red Chilli Padi
Frozen chicken thigh or frozen chicken drumstick
cut into 8 pcs
Light Coconut Cream
Asam Keping (tamarind)
Cube Chicken Stock
How to cook
Prepare rempah (spice mix)
- Blend shallots, garlic, lemongrass, turmeric leaves, ginger, galangal, red chilli padi and water in a food processor.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add blended rempah, lemongrass, green chillies, and tomato.
- Fry until fragrant and until the oil separates from the surface.
- Add pieces of chicken, along with coconut cream and chicken stock.
- Simmer for about 10–15 mins on low heat until chicken is tender.
- Add turmeric leaves, asam keping (tamarind) and season with salt.
- Serve with rice.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Lontong Sayur with Beef Rendang
Blue Pea flower Nasi Padang
Iga Penyet (Fried Beef Ribs)
Honey Buih Thai Iced Tea
Buttercup Curry Chicken
Nasi Kerabu with Ayam Percik
Rendang Ayam Croffle
Roti Jala with Chicken Curry
Kellogg’s Corn Flakes Pitta Wonder
Pulled Beef Rendang with Local Veggies Slaw
Mini Chicken Satay (Inspired by the Singapore Flyer)
Sambal Goreng Tahu Tempe
Pasta Prawn Lemak Chilli Padi
Chef Siti Pasta Rempah
Chicken Satay5.0 (2)
Black Pepper Mutton
Kellogg’s Corn Flakes & Cheese-crusted Chicken