|For Meat Mixture|
or any meat of choice
|For Mash Mix|
|For Garlic-lime Yoghurt|
juiced & zested
How to cook
Prepare meat mixture
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Combine the minced chicken with all the other ingredients and fry for 4–5 mins or until the minced meat is dry.
- This will help to prevent the filling from adding more moisture to the potato mix.
- Add potatoes into a pot and fill with enough water to submerge them.
- Place it over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer until potatoes are fork tender, about 10-12 mins depending on their size.
- Once cooked, drain the potatoes and remove the skin.
- Let the potatoes steam dry for 3 mins to remove excess moisture.
- Add in all remaining ingredients and mash the potato well.
- With lightly oiled hands, shape the mash into a circular puck shape at least 2 cm high.
- If adding fillings, make an indent in the center of the puck and add 2 tsp of filling.
- Fold the edges into the center to wrap the filling and pat it down to reshape it back into a puck.
- In a non-stick pan, add enough oil to cover the base of the pan for shallow frying over medium-high heat.
- Pan fry each side of the patty for 2 mins or until brown.
- Flip only when the bottom edges start to turn brown.
- Serve with garlic-lime yoghurt dip.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Chicken Rendang with Potatoes
Gooey Cheese Sticks
Chilli Crab Dip
Sticky Salmon with Super Greens & Green Goddess Dressing
Mala Black Fungus
Kam Heong Prawns
Honey Garlic Meatball
Australian Premium Wild Abalone With Pomfret
Tea Leaf Eggs
Impossible Meat Patty
Steamed Egg with Pork and Salted Vegetables
Marinated Chicken with Black Fungus
Stir Fry Kailan with Crispy Pork
Sea Asparagus with Liver Sausages
Golden Chicken Ingot
Impossible Mapo Tofu
Crispy Chicken with Auspicious Mandarin Orange & Ginger Scallion Sauce
Gold Bar Spring Roll