Abalone & Seafood Pao Fan
From YoRipe by Munchwithvienna
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
|1 1⁄2 cups|
Fried Fish Maw
Crispy Rice Puffs
Pure Sesame Oil
How to cook
- Cook the rice in the rice cooker according to the package directions.
- Soak the fish maw in boiling water until soft, then cut into strips.
- Sauté the ginger in pure sesame oil until fragrant.
- Pour in the chicken stock, water and dried scallops then bring it to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the fish maw into the broth and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the prawns, threadfin, scallop, goji berries, baby abalone and cook for 2 minutes or until they are thoroughly cooked.
Prepare the crispy rice
- Pour about an inch of oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Scatter some of the cooked rice in oil and continue to scatter until they puff up and turn into a light golden brown.
- Remove and drain the oil using a kitchen towel, then set aside.
- Tips: Do this while simmering the soup.
Assemble and serve
- Add the cooked rice to a serving bowl.
- Top with the abalone and seafood, then ladle the broth over.
- Sprinkle some crunchy whitebait, crispy rice & spring onion before serving.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!